Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Harry Potter Fix: Week 27

 photo ScreenShot2013-03-23at80904AM_zps089cb951.png

It's time for My Harry Potter Fix.  This week, we're talking all things "Sorcerer's Stone."  The topic is totally up to you.  So before I share my thoughts, here are a few reminders:
  1. Follow your hosts: Kim, Tarole, & me.
  2. Link up below with the URL to your Harry Potter-themed post.
  3. Visit other blogs to read their answers!  :)  I love seeing what everyone has to say.
  4. If you have question or topic suggestions, fill out this form.  You could be a guest co-host!
We decided to take time every couple of weeks or so to talk specifically about each story.  I've decided (for this week, at least), to share my favorite and least favorite parts of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. 

Favorites:

I LOVE when Harry finds out that he is a wizard.  The chapter with Hagrid arriving to deliver Harry's letter is what really allows the series to take off!  You can just feel how exciting and overwhelming it all is for Harry.

 

 
One of my other favorite parts of the book is when the students are given their first flying lesson.  Of course, we start to really learn what a jerk Malfoy is, but it's so exciting when we discover (along with Harry) that Harry has a natural ability to fly on a broomstick.  Harry's acts to stop Malfoy from harassing Neville ultimately lead him to the Quidditch team and not expulsion.  It's a great turn of events!
 
Least Favorites:
Nothing is perfect, right?  lol
 
While it's obviously important to the whole plot of the story, it makes me so mad when we first learn how horribly Harry's family treats him: living in the cupboard under the stairs, not giving Harry his letter (despite Dumbledore's persistence), and the fact that they never told him about his parents.  Ugh.  It makes me angry every time.
 
This one is about the book to movie adaptation.  Does it drive anyone else crazy that it's July and Hagrid takes Harry shopping for his school supplies and sends him to Platform 9 & 3/4...and it's JULY??  They don't start until September.  Infuriates me every time.


I could probably go on and on about my likes and dislikes, but I don't have all day, and neither do you!  lol  :)

Next Week:
Kim came up with a fun little challenge...if you had to plan a 7 day Potter-themed vacation to anywhere in the world (maybe multiple somewheres!) where would you go? What would you do? And most importantly...who would you bring with you?

Link up below!!

post signature






2 comments:

Kimberly H said...

I also love when Harry finds out he's a wizard. So awesome :) I really dislike how mean Ron and Harry are to Hermione when they first meet her. I'm glad it all works out in the end, but that part always pains me when I reread.

Kelly said...

I love baby Harry and when Dudley becomes a pig!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs