1. What are your nicknames? What you do like to be called? Since my given name is Rebecca, and I like to be called Becky (although I don't dislike my given name at all...), I would say that Becky is my nickname. Rebeck is technically a nickname given to me by my brother and cousin who meant it as a form of "reject," but I actually like it and it forms my user names and the name of this blog. So take THAT! People also call me Beck from time to time.
2. What books are on your shelf begging to be read? I have the second and third books in The Land of Stories series that have been sitting there for awhile, but I'm just not into reading them. The first one was good, I just don't know if I'm ever going to read the others. I need to decide so I can add them to my classroom library.
3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like? I really don't doodle. I'm not much of an artist....
5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it? While I do spend a lot of time alone, I have lots of entertainment at my disposal: books, phone, TV, computer, Netflix, etc. So if I was allowed access to books, I could make it quite awhile, but if I have none of those things, I don't think I'd last more than a day.
6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away? Letters...yes. Especially these days. I mean, do people even send letters any more?! I did start making small albums of the photo Christmas cards. I send them myself, so I know how much they cost! I've always felt terrible throwing them out. So I've started using binder rings and a hole punch to put together a little album of all the photo cards we get for the holidays.
7. What is your dream career? A professional singer
8. When making an entrance into a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost? It depends on the situation. If it is a party with a lot of people I don't know, I will slip in and latch on to the first person I do know. Otherwise, I like people to know I'm there. haha
9. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be? I can honestly say that I don't know what my strongest sense is....maybe hearing since I'm musically inclined...? I'm also going to be stubborn here and say that I wouldn't give up ANY of them.
10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror? I don't exactly count how many times I look in a mirror each day. Sometimes, I do notice that even after several trips to the restroom at work, I didn't even give myself a glance in the mirror to be sure I still look like a presentable human being.
11. What’s the strangest thing you believed as a child? I honestly don't know...
12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up? TV
13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know? My friend, Kim.
14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections? I don't read the newspaper.
15. Which animals scare you the most? Why? Snakes because EW.
16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on? I'm an avoider, for sure.
17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savored? That I look so cute pregnant; I'm getting to that point in my pregnancy where it's hard to keep that in mind, and it's nice to hear!
18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will? My terrible housekeeping skills.
19. Are you a creature of habit? Yes, I am.
20. Are you high maintenance? Explain. I don't think so. I have a pretty laid back husband, and so while there are things I AM high maintenance about, there are others I'm not because I would go crazy if I tried.
21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits? I wish I could remember. I've been pregnant for awhile. These days, sometimes, walking up the stairs is pushing myself to my physical limits.
22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why? Both.
23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others? I am more of a leader than a follower, so I suppose building my own empire.
24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone? I'm not sure I have anything that fits this question.
25. What do you think about more than anything else? Right now....my baby, about how annoying it is that I have to pee again, what to eat, and when I can go to sleep.
26. What’s something that amazes you? Pregnancy.
27. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? I appreciate people who tell it like it is, but there is a way to do that without being a jerk.
28. Where’s your favorite place to take an out of town guest? I've never had an out of town guest who isn't from where I live. There's also really nothing that spectacular to do around here. haha
29. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Clean
30. Do you have a catchphrase? I probably do. I know there are things I say a lot, but I can't seem to think of any right now!
31. What is one of your most cherished memories? Our wedding day
32. How and where do you prefer to study? I don't study these days, since I'm not a student. But I prefer doing work from the comfort of my couch or propped up in bed.
33. What position do you sleep in? My side
34. What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Scott and I have been to Dallas, Texas a few times to visit friends, and we LOVE it there.
35. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new? Sense of humor, common interests, friendliness
36. How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you? I'm a first born. So I would say those characteristics are pretty accurate. I tend to be bossy, a perfectionist, a bit type-A and controlling.
37. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be? I'm not sure...
38. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be? I don't really think that I have any broken relationships....just some friendships where we have both drifted apart. There are definitely people from high school and college that I wish I had more time to connect with.
39. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? I like my name, but when I took French in high school, we got to pick names, and I chose Michele (pronounced MEE shell) because of the Beatles song. So I'd probably go with that!
40. Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not? I think this honestly depends on the situation.
41. What do you consider unforgivable? The true and honest answer here is that nothing is unforgivable. That's a basic principal of my Faith.
42. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Yes. You can't live in the past.
43. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize? It certainly doesn't make it easier. But sometimes, the person you are angry with doesn't even know that they hurt you.
44. Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for? Yes.
45. What three fictional characters best represent you? Anyone who is a princess ;-p
46. In what area of your life are you immature? Housekeeping; as much as I like organization and order, I am just too lazy to clean up.
47. What was the best news you ever received? That I was pregnant
48. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular? I am more of a person who keeps my mouth shut unless I know that I am in like-minded company.
49. When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? My friend Kim and I became best friends practically instantly. She started working with a student in my school during my first year in 6th grade. We were drawn to each other like magnets!
50. When do you find yourself singing? The better question here is when DON'T I find myself singing?