Monday, March 6, 2017

February Books


Normally, I would have had this post ready for the first of the month, but frankly, March just came out of nowhere!  Here's what I managed to read in February:

I got my first book from Blogging for Books.

Life AfterLife After by Katie Ganshert

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Life After was an excellent read. I really enjoyed the characters in this story and the way that they came together. Autumn was a likable character to whom it was easy to relate. I enjoyed "watching" her grow throughout the story to overcome the tragedy that she survived.
I also liked that while the story had a Christian base to it, that it was not the sole focus of the story. The characters' faith is addressed by the narrator and the characters themselves, but it is done in a way that "regular" every day Christians can relate to.



My Not So Perfect LifeMy Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I just love Sophie Kinsella. I've really been enjoying her books lately. They are fun reads with likable characters! This one did not disappoint. I loved it! I really loved Katie and it was great to follow her from start to finish.



View all my reviews

Books I did NOT finish this month:
Life after Life by Kate Atkinson

I got this one on Audible, and I just couldn't get into it.  I was confused.  Sometimes, there is something to be said for having a copy of the book in front of you.  I think I might be able to get this one as an eBook through my local library, so I may give it another go in the future.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Just downloaded the Kinsella book...I was waiting for my credit to come around.
You might like the physical copy of Life After Life...I really enjoyed the audio. I really felt like I was watching a movie.
The sequel wasn't a favorite of mine at all though.

Sarah Alway said...

I love Sophie Kinsella's stuff, always a fun read. I recently decided to tackle An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon and although it's good I'm disappointed that I waited so long... I can't remember anything that's going on!

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs