Oh well. I was not going to be defeated, and I was not going to skip making the muffins. So I made plain banana muffins AND I made some chocolate chip banana muffins. (Scott doesn't usually like chocolate or other sweet things added to his banana bread. So those were JUST for me.)
Banana & Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Basic recipe adapted from the Betty Crocker Cookbook
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- chocolate chips (optional)
2. In a mixer, beat butter and sugar until well mixed. Then add the eggs and stir until well mixed.
3. Stir in bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla until smooth.
4. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt until just moistened.
5. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray or place in muffin (cupcake) liners. Fill cups half full.
6. For the chocolate chip banana muffins, fill each one just under half full and sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
7. Then add some more batter.
8. Top with a few more chocolate chips before placing the muffin tin in the oven.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes.