Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Potato Casserole

Today I'm sharing a recipe that I got from my aunt.  It is a requirement to make for family get togethers because everyone LOVES it. My cousin and I have more or less told her that if she doesn't make this (or her delicious taco dip) that she is not necessarily welcome to attend! ;) haha So, I don't know where she got the recipe, but I had to get it from her because she wasn't coming to one of our summer family events, and someone had to make potato casserole....

Potato Casserole

Ingredients
  • 32 oz. bag frozen hashbrowns, thawed, rinsed, drained
  • 3/4 cup butter, melted (save 1/4 cup for topping)
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 16 oz. sour cream
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1-2 cups corn flakes (for topping)
  1. Mix all ingredients, except 1/4 cup of the butter and cornflakes in a large bowl and spread in greased casserole dish.
  2. Crush cornflakes and mix with 1/4 cup of butter for topping. Sprinkle on top of casserole.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
Is it THAT easy? Yes, it is THAT easy. The casserole looks very similar coming out as it did going in. Essentially, the cornflakes are browned a bit, and no, I didn't really crush the cornflakes here. I thought I had all the ingredients because I had picked up a couple of things at the store a couple days before. I realized that I forgot the cheese, and I had to run to the store to pick that up. When I got home, I realized that I also needed a can of cream of chicken soup. Went back to the store. Luckily, the grocery store isn't that far away at all.

In closing, it is always easier to make things when you have everything you need......

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs