Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Feeling Glee-ful

I should probably be ashamed to admit this, but I'm not.  I love the show Glee.  A few days ago, I started streaming the past seasons on Netflix.  I might just be a little obsessed right now.

Source

For any of you Gleeks out there, you will know that Season 4 (the season that ended in May) was not NEARLY as good as the previous three seasons, and some fans were already criticizing Season 3.  People were going on and on about how it wasn't realistic.  They were complaining about some of the serious issues that the show tried to tackle, and probably more than anything people were outraged that Finn and Rachel wanted to get married.  To the haters I must first say: IT'S A TV SHOW.  It's not supposed to be realistic.  It is a show aimed at teenagers.  They are supposed to be addressing issues teens are dealing with today.  I can think of another show that used to do that....

Source
Saved by the Bell pretty much did the same thing Glee is doing....only with less singing.  :)  I'm sure people were critical of SBTB, too.  But I just think people need to put things into perspective.

I totally digress.  The point of this post is not to rant about Glee's critics.  It is to gush about my obsession.  AND to state that watching the previous seasons is making me look forward to Season 5, but feel depressed about it all at the same time.  I was making progress with starting to like the new characters, but I think my trip down memory lane is kind of making me hate them again. 

With that being said, here are some great Glee quotes and funny things:

First, because you all know how much I love Harry Potter...
Source
source




source


source


And one final one (for today anyway...)
source
Because the hopeless romantic in me NEEDS them to get back together.
Told you I was obsessed.  ;)

post signature

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to be really into Glee but the show did a couple things to lose me - putting Sam & Brittany together (so wrong) adding Kitty (hate her) and losing a lot of the charm that came with song choice - I feel like it used to be a good blend of old and new and showtunes and now it's just what's on the radio right now. IDK. Also I don't like Matthew Morrison that much, and I'm annoyed that they added Alex Newell as a series regular for Season 5, because he didn't even win the Glee Project and his acting is not that awesome.

....end rant

My favorite thing about Glee is the mash-ups and the awesomeness that is Darren Criss and Naya Rivera. Love them.

Susannah said...

Haha. I really like Glee too! In some ways I don't know why I do because it is kinda dumb and, yes, extremely unrealistic, but it doesn't matter to me. :-)

Julie said...

I loved Glee from the start BUT I stopped watching in the middle of the last season (so far) because I just really didn't like it anymore. It really bums me out but I still enjoy watching past shows on Netflix. :)

Kimberly H said...

I LOVE Glee! It's one of the few shows that I keep up with on regular tv (as it's airing, as opposed to buying the DVDs later). I didn't really like Season 3, but I DID like Season 4 and I'm really excited for Season 5!

P.S. Love the Draco gif :)

Kristin said...

I watched the first season pretty obsessively. Then I kind of lost interest. Same with Fringe, Modern Family...a lot of the shows that started in 2009-ish.

If anyone understands t.v. obsession, it's me!

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs