Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Summer Style

I got sunburned on the Fourth of July.  It was killer.  After about a week, I still wasn't peeling, and I thought I was in the clear.  Not so much.  The inside of my right arm was pretty bad.  I hate how it looks when you start peeling.  I know people understand, but I feel so weird...like I have some sort of skin disease or something.  I had a few errands to run, and I wanted to cover up my arm.  I didn't want to be too hot, though, and so this outfit was born:

Shirt: Old Navy, Camisole: Maurice's, Jean Shorts: Old Navy

I didn't need to wear the shirt as long sleeves.  I just rolled up the sleeves three times, and my peeling arm was hidden.  It turned out to be a pretty cute outfit, I thought.  :)

What do you do to hide a peeling sunburn??

post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!! Old Navy and Maurice's... two of my favorites.

My shoulders were peeling at the beginning of summer... I hated it because it looked like I had bad dandruff. Yuckkkkk.

Unknown said...

I feel the same way about peeling sunburns! My forehead was peeling earlier this summer. Yuck.

Kristin said...

Plaid always works!

I haven't peeled in years. Even this year, I had one burned patch on my leg, and it peeled a little, but not a lot. I'm pretty persistent with the sunblock though. If I'm at the pool I'm always reapplying. I don't feel like dealing with the uncomfortableness of sunburns.

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs