Thursday, July 18, 2013

See You Again

If you follow me on Twitter, you may know that my grandfather died on Sunday.  He spent the last two years battling esophageal cancer.  I'm not really in much of a blogging mood, but his funeral is today, and I did feel the need to pay tribute to him. 

James R. Brown

My Pap and Nana with me after my high school graduation: May 31, 2001

 

Nana & Pappy at my wedding reception: August 7, 2010
Today, during his funeral, we can stand up and share memories or stories.  I asked my dad if I could sing.  I don't have the words to say, but I know exactly what to sing.  It's just how I function.  I'll be singing "See You Again" by Carrie Underwood.  If you haven't heard it, this song is beautiful.  And it truly sums up so much.


I love you, Pappy.  I will see you again.
 
post signature

5 comments:

Susannah said...

Oh Becky, I am so sorry for your loss!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss. That is a beautiful tribute to him.

Kristin said...

So sorry for your loss. You were very lucky to have him in your life for so long.

Julie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I love that song and it will be a beautiful tribute to him.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad to hear about this, Becky : ( Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs