Saturday, May 4, 2013

Bean Pot Chicken Pot Pie

I love my Bean Pot. If you've been around here for awhile, you know a couple of things. 1) I used to blog on WordPress.  Yes, I am still moving posts over from there.  This is one.  2) I am a designer with the company Celebrating Home.  3) A bean pot is not just for beans.  In fact, I've never even made beans in my bean pot.  4)  You can check out recipes for the Bean Pot in my Celebrating Home tab. 

This is what my bean pot looks like:
This Bean Pot is from our Simply Summer Collection.  It is a 3.5 qt. bean pot.  Cost $39.


Bean Pot Chicken Pot Pie

20120627-142044.jpg

Ingredients
-2 lbs cooked chicken (I bought a rotisserie chicken and tore it apart.)
-2 cans cream of potato soup (only 1 can of water)
-1 small bag frozen veggies (mine had peas, corn, carrots, and green beans)
-1 can crescent rolls

1. Preheat the oven to 375*. If you saved yourself time and hassle, like me, and bought a rotisserie chicken, cut it/pull it apart/mutilate it, and throw the chicken into the bean pot.


20120627-142520.jpg

2. Put the rest of the ingredients in the bean pot (make sure you only add one can of water for the potato soup), and mix well.


20120627-142651.jpg

3. Bake for 20 minutes with the lid on.

4. Place the unfolded crescent rolls on top of the mixture. (I think this recipe was actually asking you to use Pillsbury Crescent Rolls because it refers to all 6 of them fitting. I bought a generic brand and there were 8. I still used all of them. But also let me caution you. If you haven't already experienced enough terror from opening the crescent roll can....

20120627-143336.jpg
 
...you now need to place the dough in the bean pot without burning yourself. I didn't get burned, but I just wanted to give you my safety warning!)

5. Bake without the lid until the crescent rolls are golden brown. If you overlap them too much, you may need additional time. Some of my more layered spots didn't quite cook.


20120627-143909.jpg
This is the after AFTER picture. In other words, I had already taken out my serving when I realized that I hadn't taken a picture of the final product.
That's it! I'm loving the bean pot because it's so easy just to throw ingredients in and let it go! If you don't have a bean pot....you should. Follow my link under the bean pot picture if you'd like to change that!  haha :)

post signature

1 comments:

Susannah said...

Ok, that pot is super adorable!!!! I want one just to look at. :-)

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs