Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Dinner Time Tuesday: Ribs


Dinner Time Tuesday is back!  Today, I'm sharing a yummy meal with you, AND I'm going to tell you how I make it.  :) 

Before I do, please consider linking up!  All you have to do is:
1) Follow me via GFC or BlogLovin'.
2) Put my Dinner Time Tuesday button in  your post.
3) Snap a picture of your dinner and tell us what it is.  You don't HAVE to share the recipe.  I don't always do that.  I created this link-up to be sure I post something food related even when I don't have something new or exciting to share.  If you are in the mood, go ahead and tell us how you made your dinner.
4)  Be sure to link up with the URL to your Dinner Time Tuesday post!

Scott & I love to make ribs.  We've finally got it down to an art....or something like that.  The first thing we do is use a rub on the ribs.  I lay down two layers of foil on the counter and set the ribs on top.  I rub in the rub.  (What a weird sentence....)  Then I cover the top with more foil and place in the fridge over night. 


The next day, I place the ribs, in the foil, on a baking sheet.  I add just a bit of water.  Then I putthem in the oven at 170*.  (That's the lowest our oven will go.  It works perfectly.) 

Then you can go to work, read a book, watch a movie, clean the house...do whatever you want because these are going to cook all day.  Low and slow.  While they will be done enough to eat after probably 7 or 8 hours, I've had days where they've cooked for about 10-12 hours.  At this temperature, you will not over cook them.  About 1-2 hours before you're ready to eat, take them out.


Then brush on some BBQ sauce.  We use Sweet Baby Ray's.



If you can or want to, you can then cook these on the grill for a bit to give the BBQ sauce more of a glaze.  We don't have propane for our grill right now, and we're too cheap/lazy to get more. ;)  SO I just throw them back in the oven until it's time for dinner.


The ribs are so tender and juicy.  They just fall off of the bone, which makes them so much easier to eat.  These are so good, I don't even eat them with ketchup.  And I ALWAYS use ketchup to eat ribs, other kinds of pork, and beef.  Don't need it.  Trust me.  That's good.

When we had these ribs this time, I served them with my potato salad and corn on the cob.  Mmmmm summer time.  :)

Don't forget to link up below!

post signature



2 comments:

Kristin said...

I've never made my own, but I like the saucy, take a bath in them, fall off the bone kind. A friend of ours is all, "But those aren't competition ribs...that means they're overcooked..blahblahblah" and I won't eat the kind he makes and he gets annoyed.

Clem's in Port Matilda has the best ones!

Susannah said...

SO GOOD!!! I totally want ribs now!!!

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs