Friday, November 15, 2013

I Got the Sun in the Morning...

This title is true, thanks to the time change.  I was getting super annoyed that my drive to work was basically in the dark.  Setting the clock back an hour truly has an impact on my mood in the morning, though, I still prefer to not have to get up until the sun is actually out and shining brightly.

ANYWAY....

Not long ago, Sarah from Life As Always, found my blog through a mutual blog friend, Susannah from Simple Moments Stick.  We've hit it off in the blogging world, but I was still surprised and flattered that she nominated me for the Sunshine Award! 

 
The idea of the award is to nominate bloggers whose posts brighten your day.

The Rules
 
1. Include the award logo in your post.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link the nominees to your post and notify them!
 
Now, since Susannah nominated me for a different Sunshine Award not too long ago, I'm going to skip #4 this time, but I'm still super excited to answer Sarah's questions! 
 
Sarah's Questions
 
1. What's the nicest thing someone else has done for you? About 7 years ago, I was in a car accident on my way to work.  It was the day after Christmas break, and we had a two-hour delay because of snow.  I was heading up the mountain, and I hit an icy spot.  I lost control of the vehicle (Scott's Chevy Blazer) went up an embankment and rolled.  I don't remember anyone being on the road behind me, but when I crawled out of the Blazer, a man was there and asked if I was ok.  He offered to let me use his cell phone (mine was clearly tossed around and stuck in an upside down vehicle) to call my parents and Scott.  I didn't know the number of the school because it was my first year teaching there, but he happened to know Lisa, the school secretary, and called her for me.  I was so thankful for this total stranger staying with me and helping me until my family arrived.
 
2. What is one thing you always wanted as a kid, but never got? A piano.  My nana plays, and I always wanted to play.  Eventually, in high school, I did take lessons from her, but I didn't have anything decent to practice on (I had a very small keyboard). 
 
3. What is your most impressive skill? Singing. 
 
 
 
This is also the first YouTube video I have ever made.
 
4. What would you refuse to do for one million dollars?  I don't have anything specific for this question, but the first thing that came to mind is, "eat gross things."  I just couldn't manage to eat nasty foods or creepy bugs or something like that...not even for a million bucks.  YUCK.  :-p
 
5. If you were home on a rainy Sunday afternoon, what movie would you like to watch on TV? Oooh, this is a good one!  Right now, I'm all about Christmas movies.  So I would say White Christmas or It's a Wonderful LifeLove, Actually would be pretty good, too! :)
 
via
 
 
via
 
6. If fat, calories, cholesterol, etc. were not an issue, what two foods would you feast on?  Really, Sarah, only TWO??  Gosh, what WOULDN'T I feast on???  Ok, I'm just going to share the first two I thought of....pecan pie and pizza.  I could always go for pizza, and since the only pie I really truly like is the most fattening of pies, I would totally pick it.  :)
 
7. Who is the most famous person you have ever met?  Davy Jones from the Monkees; The amusement park where I'm from has free summer concerts.  When I was 16 and working at the park, Davy Jones came for one of these concerts.  He even kissed me on the cheek!  It was the happiest moment ever in my 16-year-old life.  I was so sad when he passed away last year.  :(
 
via
8. What is the greatest pain you have ever suffered?  I've been pretty fortunate in my life, and I haven't experienced much physical pain.  I would say anything involving my braces from 9th-11th grades or possibly the pain I was in after being tossed around in my car accident (see #1).  It hurt to move everything just a couple of hours after that accident.  Oh, and I had a sinus infection once that felt like my head was going to split open.  Yeah, not fun.
 
9. If you could be a member of any TV-sitcom family, which would it be?  Is it weird that the first show I thought of when I read this question was "The Brady Bunch"?
 
via
Because it was.
 
And even though it's technically not a family, I would love to be on "Glee."  And I don't mean that in a "what if Glee were real life" way.  I mean it as in, please, let me really be an actor on Glee.  lol
 
10. How do you like to relax? PJs or lounge clothes, TV on, iPad in hand, blanket to cover up
 
Thanks again for nominating me, Sarah!  :) 
 
Feel free to share your answers to these questions with me!  Also, if you want to be featured in my upcoming post about readers' favorite Christmas songs, please fill out this form

post signature

8 comments:

Kristin said...

We met Davy Jones that day at DelGrosso's too!

Susannah said...

Congrats on the away, dearie! I'm so glad Sarah found you through me! You're both awesome! :-)

Sarah Alway said...

Yay, thanks for playing along, and oh my word, your voice is amazing! I enjoyed listening to that clip so much! Sorry for limiting to only two foods. How about for today you can eat ANYTHING you want, calorie and fat free. ;-)

Sarah @ Life As Always

Rachel Ross said...

Wow you have an AMAZING voice! So talented! Loved learning more about you! :)

Unknown said...

I fondly remember that day with Davy Jones! Remember he also stopped his concert to chat with us a bit about our braces. I agree, get kissed on the cheek by him is one of the highlights of my life.

Becky Dougherty said...

It WAS such a fun day! Didn't we play a game to win posters to give him?

Anonymous said...

I just watched White Christmas too : ) You have a beautiful voice!

Becky Dougherty said...

I do love that movie. :) Thank you!

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs