Not long ago, Sarah from Life As Always, found my blog through a mutual blog friend, Susannah from Simple Moments Stick. We've hit it off in the blogging world, but I was still surprised and flattered that she nominated me for the Sunshine Award!
The idea of the award is to nominate bloggers whose posts brighten your day.
1. Include the award logo in your post.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link the nominees to your post and notify them!
Now, since Susannah nominated me for a different Sunshine Award not too long ago, I'm going to skip #4 this time, but I'm still super excited to answer Sarah's questions!
1. What's the nicest thing someone else has done for you? About 7 years ago, I was in a car accident on my way to work. It was the day after Christmas break, and we had a two-hour delay because of snow. I was heading up the mountain, and I hit an icy spot. I lost control of the vehicle (Scott's Chevy Blazer) went up an embankment and rolled. I don't remember anyone being on the road behind me, but when I crawled out of the Blazer, a man was there and asked if I was ok. He offered to let me use his cell phone (mine was clearly tossed around and stuck in an upside down vehicle) to call my parents and Scott. I didn't know the number of the school because it was my first year teaching there, but he happened to know Lisa, the school secretary, and called her for me. I was so thankful for this total stranger staying with me and helping me until my family arrived.
2. What is one thing you always wanted as a kid, but never got? A piano. My nana plays, and I always wanted to play. Eventually, in high school, I did take lessons from her, but I didn't have anything decent to practice on (I had a very small keyboard).
3. What is your most impressive skill? Singing.
Thanks again for nominating me, Sarah! :)
Feel free to share your answers to these questions with me! Also, if you want to be featured in my upcoming post about readers' favorite Christmas songs, please fill out this form!