Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Book Review: Gregor and the Code of Claw

via
A week or so ago, I finished reading The Underland Chronicles series by Suzanne Collins.  I have to say, I really enjoyed the series!  It was definitely something different, and I think this is also a series adults will enjoy as much as the young adults for whom it was intended.

Here's the summary from Goodreads.com:

Everyone in the Underland has been taking great pains to keep The Prophecy of Time from Gregor. Gregor knows it must say something awful but he never imagined just how awful: It calls for the warrior's death. Now, with an army of rats approaching, and his mom and sister still in Regalia, Gregor the warrior must gather up his courage to help defend Regalia and get his family home safely. The entire existence of the Underland is in Gregor's hands, and time is running out. There is a code to be cracked, a mysterious new princess, Gregor's burgeoning dark side, and a war to end all wars.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I thought this book was a great conclusion to this series! It was the first book in the series that truly brought my to tears, and it left me wanting to know so much more about what happens to Gregor and his family! It was exciting to see the final events play out and to continue to follow Gregor's development as a character. He becomes a very wise 12-year-old. It is easy to forget his young age throughout all of the stories.

Overall, I give this series 5 out of 5 stars. I would highly recommend it to adults who love YA Fiction and, and I would encourage my students to read it, as well!

View all my reviews

I would add, though, that the ending isn't incredibly conclusive.  I felt like I needed a few more chapters to sum things up or an epilogue that gives some details about what happens in the future for Gregor and his family.  This doesn't change my rating because the fact that I wanted more means that I really enjoyed the book!

Have you read any good books lately??

1 comments:

Sarah Alway said...

This series is totally getting bumped up on my list of must reads, I've heard nothing but good things about it!

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs