Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Blueberry Spinach Smoothie

I can't even begin to tell you how long Scott and I have had frozen blueberries in the freezer.  When Scott and I went shopping at Sam's Club a couple of weeks ago, I decided to pick up some fresh spinach.  It's a pretty large tub.  I like to toss it in with some zucchini and spaghetti sauce to use with pasta.

Mmmm....

Sorry.  I'm back.

I decided to try to find some blueberry spinach smoothie recipes.  Of course, I turned to Pinterest.  At first, I was looking for ones without yogurt since I don't keep it here in the house (because I don't like to eat it).  But then I broke down and picked up a tub of vanilla yogurt to try this recipe.


Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
Ingredients

  • 3/4 c. frozen blueberries
  • half of a banana*
  • 1/2 c. spinach
  • 1/4 c. yogurt
  • 4 oz (1/2 c.) nonfat milk
  • 1.5 tsp. honey
  • 1 T flax seed
  • 2 ice cubes
*My banana happened to be VERY ripe, but it doesn't have to be.  This was just another great excuse to use up over ripe bananas.  It probably also added a bit more sweetness than a less ripe banana.

Toss ingredients in a blender, and blend until well mixed.

Serves 1, serving size: approx. 1.5 cups
Calories: 271
Protein: 9.5g

We have a Magic Bullet-type blender with single serving cups.  This fit perfectly, and it's extra great because then I can just drink it out of the cup it's made in.  This was definitely quite yummy!  (You can trust me.  I'm super picky about healthy things, and the fact that I like this is a good sign!)  You can check out the original recipe here.  (I halved the recipe, and made a couple of changes.)

Enjoy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs