Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Book Review: The Chronicles of Narnia



I've been wanting to read these for a long time.  I remember reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe in 5th grade, and I loved it!  It's obviously taken me a really long time to read the entire series.  I got the series from my school's book fair last fall, and it's taken me most of the summer to read the entire Chronicles of Narnia.

For some insane reason, the numbering of the books on Goodreads.com is all messed up, but here are my ratings in the correct order:

The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #6)The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis

My rating: 5 of 5 stars






The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (The Chronicles of Narnia)The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

My rating: 5 of 5 stars







The Horse and His Boy (Chronicles of Narnia, #5)The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis

My rating: 3 of 5 stars






Prince Caspian (Chronicles of Narnia, #2)Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis

My rating: 4 of 5 stars






The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Chronicles of Narnia, #3)The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis

My rating: 3 of 5 stars






The Silver Chair (Chronicles of Narnia, #4)
The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia, #7)The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis

My rating: 5 of 5 stars






I won't lie to you.  Some of these books took me a really long time to get through.  Before I read the last two, I took a break to read Bossy Pants.  The Magician's Nephew was hard at first, but I loved it by the end.  I gave it, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardobe, and The Last Battle all 5 stars.  I may have even given the others 3 or 4 stars because I felt like I should, not because I truly felt that they deserved them. Most of the books (including the ones I loved) were really slow moving at the beginning of the story, which made it really hard to get into reading each one.  Then things would pick up, and sometimes, it was enough to make me change my mind about how I felt the book.

I'm actually going to be taking these to add to my classroom library because I would definitely like my students to read them.  I'm very glad that I did.  But I can truthfully say that I don't think I'll be rereading these.

Have you read The Chronicles of Narnia?  What did you think of them?





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs