Our wedding anniversary is this week!! Four years ago, on August 7th, Scott and I had our wedding. In case you're new around here, we have two anniversaries: a marriage anniversary on February 15th, and a wedding anniversary. You can read about how that came to be here.
I figured that I'd take this Music Monday to share our wedding music with you. As someone who loves ALL kinds of music--even studied music--I had the hardest time with this!
The first thing I did was put together a playlist (and then burned a CD) of all of the songs for our ceremony. I didn't have a pianist, so I chose songs for the sound techs to play for the prelude, processional, bridal march, and the recessional, etc..
Here are the highlights:
1. For the lighting of the candles by our mothers: "Love Me Tender" by Elvis Presley
2. Processional: "A Moment Like This" by Kelly Clarkson (sung by my friend and bridesmaid, Kira)
3. Bridal March: "Everything I Do (I Do it for You)" by Bryan Adams
4. Lighting of the Unity Candle: "The Other Side of Me" by Michael W. Smith (sung by my aunt Vickie & uncle Joe)
5. Recessional: "The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson
At the reception, Scott and I had our first dance to "Angel Eyes" by The Jeff Healey Band. This is one of the first songs I remember listening to with Scott when we started dating.
My dad and I danced to "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle.