1) I've been scarce around these parts. I've been trying my best to read and comment on the blogs I love, but writing my own blog posts has not been a priority for me as of late.
2) Today was my last day of work, and I'm officially on Christmas break.
3) I couldn't let it be the Monday before Christmas and not write some more about Christmas music, and this is a post I thought of a couple of weeks ago.
So I was singing away to the Christmas music on my way to work the other day, and I started to think, "If I ever got to record a Christmas album, what songs would I want to sing?"
Here's what I came up with (and in parentheses, I note my favorite versions, where appropriate):
1. White Christmas (Bing Crosby)
2. Merry Christmas, Darling (Karen Carpenter)
3. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Judy Garland)
4. Baby, It's Cold Outside (Dean Martin & Doris Day) I would want to sing this with: Blake Shelton or Adam Levine....just to be clear.
5. All I want for Christmas is You (Lady Antebellum)
6. Do You Hear What I Hear (Glee Cast) This version is a gorgeous duet that wasn't featured in the show, and also doesn't seem to actually feature any of the cast members I recognize. Anyway, I think I'd like to sing it with Lea Michele.
7. Silent Night
8. Santa Claus is Coming to Town
9. Winter Wonderland
10. O, Holy Night
On an impulse, I actually recorded and posted a YouTube video of me singing "O, Holy Night" acapella.
It is my plan to blog a bit more over the next couple of days, and definitely more over my break from work!
But just in case my plans fall through, I wish you all a VERY Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year! :)