Wednesday, May 18, 2016

StitchFix Fix- Second Edition

Ah, StitchFix.  Sometimes, they get it right and sometimes they don't.

I scheduled a fix in April because it's spring.  Summer is around the corner, and the weather will be getting warmer (eventually...I hope).  I have a good problem in that most of my shorts are too big.  Last year, they were big, but I just dealt with it.  This year, they're MUCH too big, and it's just not a good look.

I scheduled my fix and added a note for my stylist that I wanted the focus of my fix to be on shorts.  I wanted some shorts that I could dress up or down, and maybe, maybe a top or two to go with them.

What did I get?

ONE.  PAIR.  OF.  SHORTS.

ONE!!

I was furious.  The tops that were sent with the shorts were awful, and I thought that the price of the shorts was outrageous.  I refused to buy anything from that fix because I just couldn't justify buying one overpriced pair of decent shorts when I needed wanted more.

Needless to say, I sent it all back and requested an additional fix at no charge.  I refuse to be charged $20 for nothing.

I was given a new stylist, and she nailed it the second time around.  (Ignore the quality of these photos.  They were taken in not the best light with my iPhone in a mirror that needs to be dusted.  AND I'm writing this post at work where I can't access PicMonkey to edit them.)

I really love these Bermuda length shorts.  They fit nicely and are very comfortable.  I actually already wore them to work with strappy wedge sandals, a tank, and long cardigan.
Here's a better shot of the top that also came with my fix.  It's actually super flattering, and I love the subtle polka-dot print.
These shorts almost seem like a skirt.  You can't really tell, but they actually have a scalloped bottom.  They are super comfortable, and while I don't normally gravitate toward floral prints, I really think this pattern is pretty!
I really love these pink shorts.  I enjoy the longer length because, let's face it, I'm not getting any younger.  I think they are flattering and comfortable.  This twist shoulder top also came with the fix.  I didn't love it, but I liked it enough that it was worth getting the whole fix for the discount!
So now I have a decent number of shorts that will fit me this season!  I am pleased that I can dress all of these shorts up or down depending on the top and/or shoes I choose to wear with them.  (I will also add that I wasn't totally thrilled with the price of these shorts either.  BUT since I loved all three pairs, thought they looked good, and they were really comfortable, I went ahead and splurged.)

Have you tried StitchFix?  What have been your successes?  Failures?

If you haven't tried StitchFix, click here!  I will get a credit when you schedule and receive your first fix!  :)


1 comments:

Kristin said...

I canceled my SF for the summer. No need :)
I'm looking forward to wearing my <$10 Old Navy shorts every day.
Though I do really like scalloped edge shorts and haven't been able to find a pair.

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs