Friday, January 25, 2013

Pinch Me's

In case you missed it on Ashley's blog on Tuesday, I shared this yummy recipe.  It's really easy and fun to make!  The best part about it is that you really can't mess it up! :)

You may be more familiar with this dessert as "Monkey Bread."  I got the recipe from my mother-in-law, and she and Scott call them Pinch Me's. So, now that we have that cleared up, here's how to make it!

Pinch Me's
Ingredients
  • 2 loaves of frozen bread dough (The package I buy has 5 loaves.)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 stick (1/2 c.) butter
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 boxes cook & serve vanilla pudding*
  • extra cinnamon & sugar for rolling
*I have also made this with butterscotch pudding.  I honestly don't think it changes the flavor in anyway, though.  Also, make sure the pudding is NOT instant.

1. Thaw bread according to package directions.  (The way I did this with my particular brand was this: I put the entire package in the refridgerator and let it thaw over night.  Then I took the two loaves out and proceded.)
2. Place thawed loaves in a baking pan sprayed liberally with cooking spray.  (We were out of cooking spray.  So I put a little olive oil in the pan and brushed it all over.)  Spray plastic wrap and lay over the top of the pan. 
  

3. Let dough rise.  (This will take AT LEAST 3 hours.)

4. Put sugar, butter, milk, cinnamon, and pudding mix into a sauce pan, and heat over low to low-medium heat until melted.
 
 
 

5. While the ingredients are melting on the stove, preheat the oven to 170*, and put some cinnamon and sugar into a bowl.


6. Begin to pull apart the bread dough and roll into balls.
 
 
7. Take each ball of dough, and roll it in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.  (Don't worry if you have extra cinnamon/sugar left over.  Sprinkle the rest over the dough once it's all in the pan.)
 
 
8. Lay the dough into a 9 x 13 baking pan. (Notice, that I don't put the dough all the way to the edges. The dough WILL expand.)
 
 
9. Pour the melted mixture over the dough.
 
10. Bake at 170* for 15 minutes.  Then increase the heat to 350*, and bake for 30 minutes more.
11.  Turn pan over onto a cookie sheet.
 


Enjoy! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs