Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Pizza Casserole

Today, I'm moving another recipe over from my WordPress blog.  This dish is entirely of my own creation. NOT that it hasn't been done before. It has. But it's SOOOOOOOOO easy, and it's pretty quick, too. (Oh yeah, and it's also really good.)

Pizza Casserole

Ingredients
  • pasta
  • spaghetti sauce
  • mozzerella cheese
  • pepperoni
Boil pasta according to package directions.
 
I used this kind:
BUT penne, bowtie, rotini, or whatever pasta suits your fancy would certainly be fine!
 
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and shred the cheese.
By the way, I did not use THAT much cheese.  I would say you will probaby need 2 cups.  (It all depends on how cheesy you want your pizza casserole!
 
While the pasta continues to boil, select your sauce.
We love this sauce. Three cheese is my favorite flavor, and I thought it went well with pizza casserole. Use whatever sauce is your favorite. Francesco Rinaldi has a variety of flavors and can be found at Martin's (Giant) or Weis. We like to stock up when they have them on sale 10 for $10, which means we tend to have A LOT of sauce on hand. By the way, I didn't use 2 full jars. I used one whole jar and a little less than half of the second. I love sauce, so does Hubby. You may want less. Just be warned that not using enough sauce could cause your pizza casserole to dry out!
 
Put pasta into the baking dish and mix with the sauce and cheese. I then added pepperoni, more sauce, and more shredded cheese and mixed it up. Before putting it in the oven, I covered the top layer with cheese.
 
Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
And this is your pizza casserole.
Delicious.
You can thank me later.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs