Friday, April 5, 2013

Is it time to read yet?

I miss reading. 

I have no time to sit down and read a good book right now.  I am so desperate for warm weather, summer vacation, and reading!

I thought I'd share my reading list.  I've also updated my Recent Reads page.  I decided it was time to get rid of all of the crossed off books and start with a fresh list.  So...basically, what you see here will also be on that page.  You can always feel free to check back to see how I'm doing or what I've added! :)

  1. Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone ~J.K. Rowling
  2. Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets ~J.K. Rowling
  3. Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban ~J.K. Rowling
  4. Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire ~J.K. Rowling
  5. Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix ~J.K. Rowling
  6. Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince ~J.K. Rowling
  7. Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows ~J.K. Rowling
  8. The Hunger Games ~Suzanne Collins
  9. Catching Fire ~Suzanne Collins
  10. Mockingjay ~Suzanne Collins
  11. Gilt ~Katherine Longshore
  12. Casual Vacancy ~J.K. Rowling
  13. The Beatles: A Hard Day's Write (The Stories Behind Every Song) ~Steve Turner
  14. The Giver ~Lois Lowry
  15. Gathering Blue ~Lois Lowry
  16. Messenger ~Lois Lowry
  17. The Great Gatsby ~F. Scott Fitzgerald
Ok, don't be mislead.  I have OBVIOUSLY read the Harry Potter books.  I have also read The Hunger Games trilogy.  I reread Harry Potter every summer, and I want to read The Hunger Games books again, too.  Everything under that, are new additions to my list.  I know that I read The Giver in middle school, but I don't remember it.  It is also part of a trilogy.  So I used my bonus points from Scholastic and ordered the set with the last book order I submitted.  :)  (The perks of being a teacher.)  I also read The Great Gatsby in high school, but I just didn't get it.  With the movie coming out, I thought now was a good time to read it again.  Maybe I'll understand it this time. 

Anyone else have a summer reading list?

post signature

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I read #14 in college and I've had #15 and #16 since college but haven't gotten to them. I have about 200 intermediate books that I'm taking with me when we leave. I've had a whole library for the kids and now I have all the books. I have Game of Thrones and Divergent waiting for me to find the time to read.

Julie said...

I don't have a reading list for summer quite yet. At least, I haven't organized it like you have. I do have a lot of "want to read books" on Goodreads though!

Elizabeth @ Cheers, Elizabeth said...

Let's just say Gatsby was an assigned reading book, but I didn't exactly read it- and now I definitely want to go back and read it because I feel like such an idiot when the previews come on and I don't know how it's going to end, even though I SHOULD!

That Beatles book looks fun too!

Susannah said...

Ooo... I've read a ton of those books and they're all really good! You'll definitely enjoy them! :-)

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs