Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Dinner Time Tuesday 4/9


I've been kind of MIA.  I just wasn't feeling the blogging thing this weekend.  AND since I wasn't, I didn't get anything planned for Monday.  So before I share Dinner Time Tuesday, I have to tell you about how we semi-sort of failed at our new diet plan.

Last week, I shared our weekly plan on Menu Planning Monday with Elizabeth & Jane.  The Insanity program gives you meals you can incorporate to eat 5 times a day.  For starters, even though the meals are small (P.S. I also totally failed at taking and posting pictures of the meals to Instagram.  I captured a few, though), we often weren't able to eat all five.  For me, this just has to do with my work schedule.  I can't just stop teaching to go down the hall and warm up Meal 2 or 4.  To me, the more sensible idea here is that I have three main, small meals with actual snacks (i.e. a piece of fruit, some raw veggies, etc.).  We also didn't get everything made when we cooked on Sunday.  This is due to the fact that we spent hours in the kitchen and had barely gotten through Tuesday.  We also kind of jumped all over the place with the menu, and we often didn't eat the scheduled items on the planned days.  There were also a lot of things I didn't like.  :-/  I am nowhere NEAR as picky as I was when I was a kid.  But it was incredibly difficult to force myself to eat fruits and veggies that I don't like. 

Here's what I DID like, though: Whole wheat bagel w/ cream cheese, protein pizza muffin, steak with broccoli (I cheated and had a small baked potato here.  I just CAN'T eat steak without some kind of potato), cereal bowl w/ banana (I LOVE this Kashi Go Lean cereal we got!), Turkey BLT, Peanut Butter 1/2 sandwich w/ banana, pasta w/ seafood marinara, Berry Protein Smoothie, chicken meatballs, whole wheat pasta w/ mixed veggies & feta cheese, turkey burger, and chicken stir fry. 

That sounds like a lot, but if you look back at how much food was on that list, you'll find that it isn't.  BUT also, don't forget there's a lot we didn't even try.

SO now that I've summed that up for you, here's what's for Dinner this Tuesday:



This is a porkchop with corn and mashed potatoes (of course).  Scott put some olive oil in a frying pan and added some garlic & onion powder, salt & pepper, and basil.  Then he fried both sides for about 5 minutes.  It was SO good.  :)  I don't think I've ever liked a porkchop that wasn't baked with Shake 'n' Bake.  So this was a big step for me.  haha

What did you have this week?

post signature




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being a teacher does not lend itself to many healthy behaviors... like you said, you can't just eat in front of your kids in the middle of class, or go down the hall to take a snack/meal break. One of my colleagues who teaches kindergarten said her doctor told her she needed to drink more water, and she just looked at him... bathroom breaks are hard to come by, too! We sacrifice so much for our kids. Sigh.

Some of those meals sound pretty yummy to me!

I'll try to link up this week : )

Susannah said...

Sometimes the point of being on a diet is to not follow it. ;-)

Kristin said...

I would have trouble with something so regimented. I've found it easier to just make sure I work out a few days a week and cut things I find unnecessary out of my diet. I'm an all or nothing girl. No such thing as "a few" fries. I just need to not eat them at all. Sad but true. And I end up eating almonds and trail mix in front of the kids a lot. I mean, if I'm hungry (I don't get a break from 12:15 to 4:00) they're the ones who are gonna suffer.

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs