This recipe is not ingenious or of my own creation. It's right from the back of the box of the Barilla lasagna noodles I buy. I decided to share it for two reasons: 1) I thought you'd like to know how I make lasagna. 2) Barilla changed the recipe on the back of their box, and I like this one! (Sorry the photos are a little blurry. I didn't realize until after the lasagna was long gone....
Lasagna (From Barilla box with my adaptations)
- 1 Box Barilla Lasagne No-Boil noodles
- 2 eggs
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce (I use Francesco Rinaldi Three Cheese sauce.)
- salt. pepper, garlic powder (to taste)
2. Season ground beef with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Preheat oven to 375*, and spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with cooking spray. (FYI: My casserole dish is only 2 inches deep. The directions for this lasagna will be for this dish.)
4. In a medium bowl, beat eggs.
5. Stir in ricotta, 2 c. of mozzarella, and the Parmesan.
6. Stir ground beef into cheese mixture. (This will save you a layering step.)
7. Spoon half a jar of sauce onto the bottom of your casserole dish.
8. Layer with 3 sheets of lasagna noodles. (This was from the new box. I used to use 4, but the three sheets expanded nicely, so you can leave space between each sheet.)
9. Spread half of the cheese/beef mixture onto the noodles.
10. Add the remaining sauce from the first jar.
11. Top with 1 c. of the mozzarella.
12. Layer 3 more sheets of lasagna noodles.
13. Spread the remaining cheese/beef mixture on those sheets.
14. Add half of the sauce from the second jar.
15. Place 3 more lasagna noodles on top of the sauce.
16. Use the rest of the sauce to cover the noodles.
17. Top with the last cup of mozzarella.
18. Cover with foil and bake for 50-60 minutes. (I only need 50.)
19. Uncover and cook for about 5 more minutes.
20. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. (If you can. I can't ever do that....)
I almost always serve mine with garlic bread. It's carb heaven. :)
|And the lasagna looks like that because I can't wait 15 minutes before cutting....|
-Add spinach to the cheese mixture.
-Layer pepperoni on top of each cheese/beef mixture.
-(And I have done both of the above at the same time.)
-Use 1 lb Italian sausage instead of ground beef.