I have a REALLY yummy recipe to share with you today! I've been so tired of the same old stuff for dinner, and I finally decided to try some entrée ideas from my "I Love Food" board on Pinterest (which I totally need to stop pinning desserts to, by the way. OR I need to put more main courses to make it look like I have less desserts.....)
This is a recipe for the slow cooker, which I love. I threw everything into the crock pot the night before, stored it in the fridge, and then turned it on the next morning. Before I give you my take, here is the link to the original recipe.
Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 2/3 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. Sprite
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 T. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 T. corn starch
2. Mix together brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Sprite, garlic powder, soy sauce, and pepper.
3. Pour over chicken.
4. Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours. (I'm finding that either my slow cooker is a SUPER cooker or that times are way off....I think I had this on LOW for 5 hours and it was done.)
5. However long it takes, when it's done, remove the chicken (most of it will fall apart), and pour the juice mixture into a sauce pan.
6. Turn the heat on high. You will need to mix your 2 T. corn starch with a little water until it is a smooth consistency. Then you can add the corn starch mixture to your sauce pan. Let the mixture boil until it starts to thicken and turn into a glaze, about 2-3 minutes.
7. After this was ready, I put the chicken back in the slow cooker and poured the sauce over it. Then I set the slow cooker to warm because I was ready to eat, but Scott was still sleeping. (He was on night shift and would need to eat before going into work.
I served mine with steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes.
I REALLY liked this. It was almost too sweet for Scott, but he enjoyed it. I finished the leftovers the other day with just the chicken and mashed potatoes. Delicious!
Link up below to share something yummy you've had for dinner recently! (I will have another new recipe coming soon!)