Guess what else today is??
It's also my birthday. We'll pretend that I'm not turning 31 today.
|This picture is unrelated to my actual birthday, but it's a cute picture of me not being 31. :-p|
Ok, we won't. Because I'm about to share 31 random things about myself (in no sensible order) in honor of my 31st birthday. They may be things that you already know, but there may be new information. So here goes:
1. I am a TV junkie. I can't help myself. There's so much good stuff to watch out there. I actually get stressed out during the school year because I don't have all the time in the world to sit around watching my shows. I get behind and the DVR gets cluttered, and I just can't take the pressure. BUT I simply can't cut any shows out of my life.
2. Speaking of which, USA network is having an NCIS marathon for
3. I am constantly craving cookies, but we never seem to have any here in the house. I'm also too lazy to make them. This is probably a good thing.
4. I am taking the "Skirtember" challenge with Kristin from Kristin's kNook and Chantal from Scattered Seashells.
5. I still have and sleep with my baby blanket. Blankie and I have clearly had a long relationship. I don't plan to give it up any time soon.
6. I love singing. Like, down to my very core. When I don't know what to say or how to say something, when I'm in a bad mood, when I'm in a good mood, singing is just how I know how to be.
7. I posted my very first YouTube video. It is a video of me singing. It is not the best sample of what I can do, and my piano playing skills are only so-so. I decided to grab my old music books from church and play through some songs. These ones struck me in such a way that I was compelled to record and post.
8. My favorite colors are purple and pink.
9. I believe that chocolate and peanut butter are the best combination known to man....or woman, as the case may be.
10. I believe in God and am thankful for the unconditional love and forgiveness He offers.
11. I am excited for the My Harry Potter Fix link up I host with Kim at Latte & a Prayer and Tarole from One Haole Girl to start back up! (Coming WEDNESDAY!)
12. I love reading. My favorite genre is Historical Fiction (Philippa Gregory, anyone?), and apparently, I also like Teen Fantasy: Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Divergent, Insurgent....
13. I don't like the number 13. I refuse to ever have the volume on my TV or car radio set to 13. I am somewhat convinced that something bad will happen if I have it set there.
14. I think I need to Tweet more.
15. My cats Allie and Abbie are my babies. :)
16. I am a procrastinator. I don't mean to be. It just happens.
17. I have one brother. He's pretty cool...sometimes. ;)
18. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.
19. I think I have a friend curse. Most of my friends from high school and college don't live near me any more. It seems that every time I make a new friend, she lives no where near me and/or moves away. lol
20. Candy Crush and Gardens of Time are two of my favorite games on my iPad.
21. Teaching 6th grade is off to a decent start. Once I start teaching actual content, I think I'm really going to love it.
22. The team I'm on with Celebrating Home started a layaway program. Once a month until next August, 12 of us pay $40. A winner is drawn each month. The winner gets to order $400 worth of merchandise (with the remaining $80 to cover tax, shipping, & fees) PLUS the hostess benefits for the month. I won for August, so I got 40% free instead of 20%. (That was $160 free!) Here's my haul:
23. My husband's name is Scott. I like him. :)
24. I currently have a love/hate relationship with Season 15 of Big Brother right now. I love it, but some of the contests are really awful people. I wish they weren't still there.
25. My cousins are like my brothers and sisters.
26. Writing this list is harder and taking longer than I thought....
27. I actually cooked something new on Sunday. I will share on the blog soon.
28. Thank God for Pinterest.
29. I bought two pairs of boots from Target.com for less than $70! I had to throw away some boots that were worn out. I feel that I should have a high heeled pair and flat pair in black, brown, and gray. Still working on the gray...
30. Last year, I turned 30. I found it kind of devastating.
31. 31 isn't much better. :-p