Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy

So for starters, let's not assume that this is a "breakfast" food. For me, sausage has nothing to do with my breakfast....and it pretty much never will. Scott loves sausage gravy and biscuits. So I did what any girl in the 21st Century would do: I Googled it. While it is not as good as the kind that can be found at Whataburger in Texas, (according to my Scott, I never ate it there.) it is quite yummy. Here's how to make it:

Biscuits & Sausage Gravy
Original recipe from allrecipes.com

20120903-160057.jpg

Ingredients
  • 1 lb sausage (I use Italian sweet sausage.)
  • 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups milk
  • salt & pepper (to taste)
  • 8 prepared biscuits*
*I used Pillsbury Grands biscuits, but if you feel lead to make them from scratch or use another kind, go for it!

1. Crumble sausage and cook over medium heat until browned.
2. Stir in flour.
3. Gradually, stir in milk.
4. Cook gravy until thick and bubbly.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve over biscuits.


20120903-160152.jpg


So easy, right?! I'm not a huge fan of sausage, but this was really very yummy.

post signature

3 comments:

Susannah said...

Looks so good... Though, I have to admit, my hubster makes the world's BEST biscuits and gravy.

Rachel Ross said...

I'll have to try that! My hubby would love this! :)

Julie said...

Yum! That is my hubby's favorite breakfast. :)

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs