Last week, Susannah from Simple Moments Stick nominated me for the Sunshine Award! :) The award is for bloggers who bring sunshine to the blogging world. I'm so honored that she thought of me!
Here are the rules for the award:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger
2. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
3. List 11 bloggers that deserve the recognition and love
4. Post 11 questions for the nominated bloggers to answer. (They cannot nominate the blogger who nominated them)
These are my questions from Susannah:
1. What's your most embarrassing story (yep, starting out with a hard one!) When I was in 8th grade, our class got to do a lip sync contest. Being totally above such things as a singer, I agreed to host the show along with my friend, Anissa. We were totally the worst MC's ever. I still cringe when I think about it. We kept saying the same things, and we were totally boring. I was so awkward at that age, too. Ugh. It may not be my MOST embarrassing story, but it still bugs me.
2. Who (living or dead) do you admire most and why? My stepdaughter, Amber. For those of you who don't know, she passed away 3 years ago from complications due to a severe form of epilepsy. Amber was a fighter. She was a happy, loving girl who loved shopping, Scooby Doo, jewelry, and purple. I was and still am amazed how she managed to fight so hard and be so happy despite all of her hospital stays, surgeries, and difficulties. I could only hope to fight with as much grace as she did.
3. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why? Teleportation. I hate being in the car. I think I'm too impatient. I just want to get where I'm going and be done with it. At the very least, if I could fly like Superman, that would do.
4. What is one quote that speaks to your heart?
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
5. What is your favorite and least favorite chore? My favorite chore is laundry. I can do other things while I'm doing that chore. My least favorite chore is dusting.....well, basically cleaning in general. :-P
6. Where do you get blogging inspiration? Sometimes it's from the types of posts others share, but it's often just random things that come to mind. Hence, the "Random Thoughts" part of my blog title.
7. What is your dream job (that's AWESOME if it's the one you've got!)? I would love to sing professionally as a recording artist or on Broadway. Teaching is ok, but anyone can get a degree to do that! lol
8. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I desperately want to go to Europe: Ireland, England, Italy, Greece.....I've never been off of the continent of North America. I want to see all of the things I've learned about and seen pictures of.
9. What's your favorite TV show? Oh heavens, there are so many. Please see this post from Tuesday. :)
10. When and where do you blog? I like to try to most of my posts written on the weekend. Sometimes I sit at my dining room table, but most of the time, I grab the laptop and sit on my comfy reclining couch like I'm doing right now.
11. What do you like most about my blog? Haha. Just kidding. The real question is: What's your favorite thing about blogging? Even though she was kidding, what I like most about Susannah's blog is that she is uplifting. I admire her faith and that she shares it on her blog. She genuinely cares about and encourages others. For the "real" question, I do like writing. So I like the chance to do that through blogging, but my favorite thing is reading others' blogs and interacting with them! I've met people from all over the country through blogging. It's great to have "friends" all over the place!
Here are the 11 bloggers I'm nominating for the Sunshine Award:
Ashley from Being Ashley
Amber from Brunch with Amber
Elizabeth from The Young Retiree
Casey from Everyday Adventures
Kristin from K. @ Life's an Adventure
Kristin from Kristin's kNook
Julie from Love, Julie Bug
Suzanne from Not Enough Chocolate
Tarole from One Haole Girl
Jane from The Pursuit of Poppiness
Chantal from Scattered Seashells
Now, the hard part. Your 11 questions!
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. If you could relive any moment in your life, what would it be, and why?
3. What is your favorite movie?
4. What do you like best about fall?
5. What holiday do you like best? Why?
6. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
7. What is your favorite book? OR Who is your favorite author?
8. What kind of music do you most enjoy?
9. Where is the most interesting place you've visited?
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
11. Name three things you can't live without. (I know that's technically not a question, but I got tired of questions starting with "what".)