Today I'm linking up with one of my favorite bloggers, Sarah from Life As Always! She and three other ladies have recently started hosting Live & Learn Thursday. You can write about anything you have in mind: a new recipe, a life lesson, celebrity gossip...you name it, you can share it!
Today, I'm sharing a new recipe I tried last week. I had pinned this to my I Love Food board on Pinterest quite some time ago, and I finally got around to giving it a try.
Here's the original pin:
I'm sharing this today because I learned quite a lot by making this:
2. Sprinkle with cinnamon. (I also added some water to the slow cooker at this stage. I had read on the original recipe blog that some people commented that this was dry. The slow cooker she uses does not allow moisture to escape. Mine is not that good. lol SO I went ahead an compensated for this right away.)
3. Cut a slit in each pork chop, drizzle in a little honey, and insert an apple slice.
4. Place the pork chops in the slow cooker, and drizzle with honey. (At this point, I also added a little more flavored liquid. I poured in the juice from the plate on which I defrosted the pork chops. You could use wine or something you have on had. I had a little champagne, so I poured in about 1 T. Then I put in about 1 tsp. of Red Wine Vinegar).
5. Put the rest of the apple slices on top.
7. Cook on low for 7 hours (or more....I'm gone for way longer than 7 hours when I put this on before work). (Before I cooked this, I poured some more water over the whole thing.)
If you have a slow cooker that doesn't allow moisture to escape, you don't even need to add any liquid to this. When Scott got his out (before I got home), he shredded up the pork chops, to let the pieces sit down in the liquid. I added some salt, and served it over mashed potatoes. The smaller pieces weren't as dry and were actually quite flavorful. This dish has the potential to be really enjoyable!
Apparently, just not with those pork chops in my house! ;)