Friday, December 13, 2013

Five for Friday!

1. I just finished teaching my only class for the day.  Students are being rewarded for earning their AR (Accelerated Reader) points, and so they're on computers, tablets, DS's and other electronics today.

I figured if they can do it, I can do it, too! ;)

2. I am still not ready for Christmas.  I have some gifts, but still have quite a few to get.  I always think I have so much time, and then...BOOM.  12 Days 'til Christmas.  How does that happen?

via
3. I had to cut back on Christmas gifts this year.  People seriously need to stop having babies! ;)  lol  I used to by something for my friends' kids, but it's just not possible any more!  There are so many, and then I feel bad for not buying gifts for Scott's friends' kids or kids of our mutual friends.  It's just not worth the guilt. 

Unfortunately, I just don't get to see many of them anyway.  I doubt they'll even notice that they're missing something from me.

4. I'm planning to make some Christmas cookies this weekend.  Here's what's on my list:
  • Chocolate chip (my "specialty")
  • Cut out cookies (a family recipe)
  • Peanut Butter Blossoms (recipe coming to the blog on Tuesday!)
  • No Bakes
  • Citrus Sugar Cookies (These are a box mix from Tastefully Simple.)
That should probably be enough! :)

5. I decorated my Christmas tree last night.  I put the lights on on Sunday.  I've come to the conclusion that I need to buy my own ornaments.  I have all of the ornaments I made in school and a random assortment of ones purchased for me growing up.  Some of them I love, but I really hate my tree.  lol

I think I should've left the ornaments off.  I liked it better with out them:



2 comments:

Rachel Ross said...

Yay for the weekend! I know, can't believe there's only 12 days till Christmas!! Love your tree and have fun baking this weekend! :)

Kristin said...

I used to blog at school last year. Not so much now. 2nd graders aren't independent enough for that stuff. Although, I'm on my phone, iPad, Mac all day because we use an interactive class management system. They can't tell when I'm giving/taking away points or checking IG lol
I buy a few ornaments every year. They all have meaning..usually from different places we've visited, or from Hallmark. I get a wooden personalized one every year too, with our names.
Go to Hallmark after Christmas and stock up!

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs