Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Book Review: A Dangerous Inheritance

On Friday, I officially completed my first book of the new year!  Only 19 more to go!

I kicked off 2014 by reading A Dangerous Inheritance by Alison Weir.


 
 
Here is the synopsis from Goodreads.com:
 
England's Tower of London was the terrifying last stop for generations of English political prisoners. A Dangerous Inheritance weaves together the lives and fates of four of its youngest and most blameless: Lady Katherine Grey, Lady Jane's younger sister; Kate Plantagenet, an English princess who lived nearly a century before her; and Edward and Richard, the boy princes imprisoned by their ruthless uncle, Richard III, never to be heard from again. Across the years, these four young royals shared the same small rooms in their dark prison, as all four shared the unfortunate role of being perceived as threats to the reigning monarch.
 
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book. As you all know, I love historical fiction, and I really love historical fiction based on these time periods in England! At first, I found it a bit confusing because the book switches back and forth between two characters in completely different time periods....who both have the same name: Katherine Plantagenet and Lady Katherine Grey. The former is referred to as Kate. It was also interesting that Lady Katherine Grey's story is told in the first person, and Kate's is in third person. 

At first, I wasn't convinced that these stories really went together, but as the book went on, I began to see how they were relevant to each other.

Of course, I did find myself wishing that the courses of history could change within the story, as I always do! I love what Alison Weir does with the stories of these women, despite many lacking historical documents about them.

View all my reviews

If you're on Goodreads, we should be friends!  Come on over and add me!

You can also check out my books to read and books I've read so far on my Reading List page here on Rebekann's Random Thoughts.



1 comments:

Sarah Alway said...

Oh my gosh, well done I'm super jealous! This sounds really good!

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs