Monday, January 20, 2014

Music Monday: Carrie

I can't tell you how much I love Carrie Underwood.  She is the person I have most recently seen in concert,  and that was after years of not going to any!

In November of 2012, my student teacher at the time, Kelsey, and I went to see her at the Bryce Jordan Center in State College.

Before the concert
 
We had really great seats!  We were off to the side, but very close to the stage, and I was able to get some great pictures!
 
 
Good Lord, what do I need to do to get those legs??
 
This was super cool.  Carrie has a duet with Brad Paisley called "Remind Me".  When she did this song in the concert, the screen projected Brad (on the left in the back) with images from the video.
If you haven't heard this song/seen the video before, here you go!
 
 
 
She had this really amazing floating stage.  It took her and the band out over the floor seats to the back of the arena so they got a chance to see her up close!
 
This was toward the end of "Blown Away"
  
 
I'm currently obsessed with "Good Girl".
 
 
I do not think, though, that anything can top Carrie's version of "How Great Thou Art."  It brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it (not to mention major chills from the first note), and every time I've sung her version in church.  The video version here is with Vince Gill.  I'll leave you with this one!  (If you only watch one video in this post, please do yourself a favor, and make it this one!)
 
 
Have a great week! 

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love that you had such a great relationship with your student teacher! My mentor was awesome as well :)

You know how I feel about Carrie…lol I do believe she can sing though. I won't argue with that.

Susannah said...

I love her and I'm jealous you got to go see her. :-)

Sarah Alway said...

I love Carrie Underwood, too, but I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of her in The Sound of Music recently... did you see it?

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs