Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Book Review: Gregor & the Prophecy of Bane

via
I started reading The Underland Chronicles series by Suzanne Collins (author of The Hunger Games Trilogy, in case you've been living under a rock. ;) ).  I recently reviewed the first book in the series Gregor the Overlander.

Last week, I finished reading Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane.

Here's the summary from Goodreads.com:

The action and adventure continue for Gregor in this stunning fantasy from a rising literary star.

Gregor learns of his role in another Underland prophecy, yet he swears he will never return to that place. But his vow crumbles when his little sister, Boots, is snatched. Gregor knows it is a ploy to lure him to the subterranean world, but he gives in and heads back underground, where he is reunited with his bat, Ares, the princess Luxa, and new allies. Together, they descend into the deadly Waterway in search of an ominous rat known as Bane. But Gregor must face the possibility of his greatest loss yet, and make life and death choices that will determine the future of the Underland.


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I really enjoyed this second book in Suzanne Collins' Underland Chronicles. It's exciting to watch Gregor grow and accept his role in the prophecies of the underland. Collins continues to describe this underland world with great detail. The book is filled with action and excitement. It is easy to identify with Gregor and to root for him as the protagonist.

As with most books in a series, I definitely recommend reading the first book (Gregor the Overlander) before picking up the second!

View all my reviews

2 comments:

Jane said...

I needed a new series to read and was looking around but this is definitely going to be it! Thanks for the review!

Sarah Alway said...

I am almost afraid to start this series because I know I will get sucked in and do nothing but read these books, when I really need to be reading/learning about giving birth and caring for infants and whatnot. LOL

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs