The original recipe came from Pinterest (where else??) You can see the pin below.
Here's my take. I only had to make a few adjustments, and I had most of these things on hand.
Creamy Potato Soup
- 5 slices of bacon, chopped
- 2 small onions, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled & diced
- 3 medium celery stalks
- 4 large Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 medium red potatoes, diced
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 cups (1 quart) heavy whipping cream
1. Get a 6-8 quart pot.
2. Start chopping. I began with the bacon so I could get it cooking while I chopped the other veggies.
3. While the bacon is cooking, chop up the onions, carrots, and celery.
4. When bacon is crisp, removed to paper towels to drain.
5. Throw your chopped veggies right into the bacon fat, and cook until the onions are translucent.
6. While the veggies are cooking, peel and dice the Russet potatoes, and dice the red potatoes.
7. When the vegetables have finished cooking, throw the potatoes in the pot and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Add the flour and stir constantly over low heat until the flour has cooked and the mixture has thickened slightly (about 5-7 minutes).
|Adding the flour|
9. Add chicken stock and bacon, and season with salt and pepper.
10. Over medium-high heat bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
11. Add the whipping cream and simmer for 5 more minutes.
Seriously, I beg you all to try this soup. If you like potato soup, and you are looking for a warm, comforting food on a cold day, THIS IS YOUR SOUP!! :)
Please let me know if you try it! I'd love to know what you think!