I can't remember exactly when I discovered that I really like buffalo chicken dip. I'm always happy when I attend parties or our pot luck lunches at school and someone has brought it. On Sunday, I decided that I really wanted some. Maybe it's because it was Super Bowl Sunday, but whatever the reason, I figured that I probably had what I needed on hand, and it couldn't be too difficult.
The good news is that it WAS really easy!
I turned to Google for some inspiration.
There were a few things that I was looking for:
1. I didn't want a crock pot recipe. I only have a big crockpot, and Scott doesn't like buffalo chicken dip, so I didn't need to make a ton.
2. I needed a recipe with ingredients that I had here at the house because I was not leaving the comfort of my home to go to the store.
3. I also wanted something I could make quickly, easily, and that would fit in a dish I already had.
After consulting a few different recipes, here's how I made it!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. Ranch light dressing
- 1/2 c. hot sauce
- 1/2 c. Mexican blend cheese
- 13.5 oz can chunk chicken
2. Put the block of cream cheese in a bowl and use a spoon to break it up.
3. Stir in the Ranch dressing and hot sauce.
4. Then stir in the cheese and chicken. (Break up the chicken pieces as much as possible.)
5. Separate the mixture in half and place into two mini casserole dishes.
|Mini casseroles from Celebrating Home (My set, Simply Summer, is not currently available, but there are other patterns.)|
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the mixture is heated through.
7. Serve with your choice of dippers! I had mine with tortilla chips. :)
Now for the really exciting part! I've decided to give away a set of mini casseroles to one of my lucky readers!! You will be able to choose the set that appeals to you! Visit the link from the caption on my photo above, to see which ones you like best! Then enter via Rafflecopter below! :)
Also, be sure to check out the other giveaways I'm participating in right now! First of all, go visit Elizabeth, The Young Retiree to enter the GALentines Giveaway! Then read all about the $200 PayPal CASH Giveaway that Susannah from Simple Moments Stick is hosting with a bunch of her readers (like me!) to celebrate her Blog's 2nd Birthday!