Thursday, November 24, 2016

Stuff and Things I'm Thankful For

Stuff, Things, etc.

Happy Thanksgiving!

via
I hope you are all able to enjoy this holiday with those you hold near and dear.

Since the election, there has been a lot of whining, complaining, name calling, and general uproar across the country.  It can't be escaped.  It's on TV, Instagram, Facebook, etc.  Today, especially, I hope that we all take the time to reflect on the things for which we are thankful and to appreciate our many blessings.

I am thankful for...

...my husband.  
He works so hard, and he knows how to make me laugh.

...my family.
We are not perfect, but we love each other despite our differences.

...my friends.
I have the most amazing friends who are always there when I need them.  They're around in good times and in bad, and I'm lucky to have them in my life.

...freedom.
People are dissatisfied in this country right now.  But we are incredibly blessed to live in this amazing nation.

...those who serve.
I am beyond grateful to the men and women who serve our country every day to protect our freedom and our rights.

...my job.
Some days I really would rather be anywhere else but at work, but teaching can be so rewarding.  And, of course, it helps to pay the bills allows me to be able to meet my basic needs.

What are you most thankful for this year?


4 comments:

Laura Darling said...

So much to be thankful for! It's nice to focus on that this week instead of all the other things that have consumed people the past month! :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Kristin said...

I do feel the same way about work: grateful to do it but it's thankless work so much of the time.
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Julie said...

Such a great list. I'm thankful for many of the same things; family, friends, husband, and daughter.

Sarah Alway said...

I think my list would be basically the same as yours! I definitely feel thankful to have so many good things and people in my life. Happy Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs