Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Christmas Fun

I borrowed this from Jenni from Living for the Victories.  It sounded fun, and I needed something to post on this little blog of mine! :)

What’s your favorite Christmas Movie?

I can't pick one, but National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and The Santa Clause 2 are at the top of the list.  I also love the made for TV ones.  One of my favorites is still Holiday in Handcuffs from ABC Family (with Melissa Joan Hart & Mario Lopez), and pretty much any one that Candace Cameron Bure is in on the Hallmark Channel.

Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Yes!  Unfortunately, it has been WAY too long since we've had one here in Pennsylvania.  It either snows before Christmas and goes away or we have a mild winter.  Christmas is the ONLY day of the year that I like snow.

Where do you usually spend your holiday?
At my parents' house

What is your favorite Christmas song?

"O Holy Night" and "White Christmas" (But don't get me wrong, I'm obsessed with Christmas music.

Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
No!  Santa hasn't come yet! ;)

Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and depending on what story or song it is, there's Rudolph, too!

What holiday traditions are you looking forward to this year?
Food!  :)

Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake.  But I actually sold it this year because it was too big and complicated, and I hated it.  I plan to get a new one when they go on clearance.  My house is a construction zone right now, so I didn't even bother to have one up this year. My parents always have a real one, which I love and appreciate.

What is your all time favourite holiday treat/food/sweet?
Cookies!!!  And pecan pie!

Be honest, do you like giving or receiving gifts better?
Honestly, I think I like both equally.  Who doesn't like getting presents?!  And I love picking out gifts for others and seeing their faces when they open them!

What is the best Christmas present you ever received?
Wow....ever??  Maybe when I was a kid we got the original Nintendo.  That was pretty awesome.  

What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
Because I do actually like to have a white Christmas, maybe somewhere where there's sure to be snow?

Are you a pro present wrapper or do you fail miserably?
I am horrible.  Gift bags all the way!

Most memorable Christmas moment?
When we were little kids, we had to eat breakfast before opening presents (we still do!).  So my mom would go downstairs and start cooking breakfast, and my brother and I would wait upstairs while my dad got the Christmas records on.  Then he would come upstairs and carry us down one at a time with my blankie over our heads to the breakfast nook so we couldn't see the pile of presents.  I loved those moments of excitement and anticipation!

What made you realize the truth about Santa?
My brother and I always had to wrap our mom's gifts from our dad.  When I was in 3rd grade, we were doing this and even though my mom said not to worry about wrapping her gifts for my dad, we thought we would "help" anyway.  When we got into their closet to get his gifts, we found LOTS of presents.  My mom was so devastated.  They convinced my brother that Santa just needed to drop some off to help out on Christmas morning, but I wasn't a believer after that.  :(

What makes the holidays special for you?
Family, Christmas music, food


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs