Sunday, January 20, 2013

Stuffed Pepper Soup

I LOVE Stuffed Pepper Soup.  I think I actually like this way better than regular stuffed peppers for a couple of reasons.  1) It's quicker.  2) I always break up the full pepper when I eat stuffed peppers anway.

I've shared this recipe on WordPress, but today, I share it in an updated way.  I made this soup in my Bean Pot today.  If you don't know, a Bean Pot is an item from Celebrating Home.  It is made of stoneware, and you can make way more than beans in it, as the name might suggest.  :)  Don't have a Bean Pot?  No problem.  You can make this soup in a Crock Pot or on the stove.  That's the beauty of it!

Stuffed Pepper Soup
Ingredients
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 2 medium green bell peppers
  • 1 serving minute rice*
  • 1 4oz. can mushrooms
  • 2 cans condensed tomato soup
*One serving of the minute rice I use is made with 1 c. boiling water, and 1 c. rice.
**We had half of a small onion left from our dinner yesterday, so I chopped it up and tossed it in, too.

  1. Preheat oven to 350*. 
  2. Brown ground beef and drain.
  3. Cook rice according to package directions.
  4. Chop up green peppers.
  5. Put all ingredients into the Bean Pot.  Add 1 can of water.  (You can adjust this depending on the consistency you would like your soup to have.  For thinner, more "soupy" soup, add 2 cans.)

     6. Bake at 350* for one hour or until peppers are tender.
     7. Serve over mashed potatoes.  (I always do! :) )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs