Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Cheesy Italian Tortellini

Before I share this recipe, I just wanted to announce that I'm doing away with Dinner Time Tuesdays.  It was usually just me linking up anyway, so I've decided that it's no longer a productive use of my time to try to get it to take off as a link-up.

However, today just happens to be a Tuesday, and I just happen to have a recipe to share.  :)

There are days that I'm super glad that I follow Betty Crocker on Pinterest

Here's the original pin:


This is how I did it (I pretty much doubled this because I like leftovers for work!):
 
Betty Crocker's Cheesy Italian Tortellini
Ingredients
  • 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 1 lb. Sweet Italian sausage
  • 1 1/2 jars spaghetti sauce (My jars are 24 oz.  So I used 1 full one, and about 1/2 of another.)
  • 8 oz. canned mushrooms
  • 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 pkg. frozen cheese-filled tortellini (16 oz. or more)
  • Shredded mozzarella

1. In a skillet, brown beef and sausage.  Drain.



I really liked the combination of ground beef and sausage together.  I don't dislike sausage, but I find the taste can be overwhelming.  This was a great combo!
2. While the meat is browning, spray slow cooker with cooking spray.  Add sauce, mushrooms, and tomatoes.


4.  When the beef mixture is ready, add it to the slow cooker, and mix.


5. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours.

6. Add the frozen tortellini about 30 minutes before serving. 

7.  Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, if desired.


 
 
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs