Friday, August 15, 2014

Taco Braid

Have I ever mentioned how much I love delicious, easy recipes???

I do.

And this is one.

Taco Braid
Ingredients

  • Lean ground beef (80/20)*
  • 2 cans crescent rolls
  • Mexican blend cheese
  • taco seasoning
*You can use as little as 1 lb and probably as much as you want.  I used about 1.5 lbs.

1. Brown ground beef and drain.  Then add taco seasoning as you would when making tacos.


2.  While taco meat simmers, lay out your crescent rolls, (large ends are placed on the inside) and press together.


3. Fill in the center with the taco meat.


4. Sprinkle with the cheese.  (Another great thing about this recipe...how much you use is TOTALLY up to you.  The original recipe doesn't even put cheese on the inside.  I thought that was nonsense.)


5. Fold in the ends, and bake at 350* for 20 minutes or until golden brown.  Then sprinkle more cheese on top, and bake until melted.


I think I was too excited about eating this to take a picture once it was baked and the cheese was melted.  Plus, someone was home from work and wanted to eat so....

I made a packet of the Knorr Spanish Rice sides with this, and it was great!  You can also serve with taco toppings: salsa, sour cream, taco sauce, lettuce, etc.  Scott put salsa, taco sauce, and the rice all on top of this, and he loved it!  I tried it as is, and I loved it that way, too!  Make it your own! :)  You can have it as an appetizer, a side, or a main dish.  It's great for pot lucks, too!  You could cut slices and then cut them in half by going straight down the middle!

I made this taco braid on the tray from my Celebrating Home hospitality set in the Simply Summer stoneware pattern.  This used to be a piece that only hostesses could get after two friends booked parties.  In our Fall/Winter 2014 catalog, we have them available in two stoneware patterns: Berry and Sonoma Villa.

3-Piece Berry Hospitality set (bowl, tray, stand)

3-Piece Sonoma Villa Hospitality Set (bowl, tray, stand)


1 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you that it is nonsense that the recipe doesn't call for cheese on the inside. What kind of crazy world doesn't believe in lots of cheese?

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs