Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Books

Another year has come and gone, and I've been doing a lot of reading this year.  (Well, not nearly as much reading as I would like, but I think I did well considering my lack of time.)

Here's what I read last year: 2013 Books

In case you didn't go back, I read 18 books last year.  I decided to make a realistic goal based on that number, and for 2014, I set a goal of 20 books.

This year, I actually read 27 books!  So I totally blew my goal out of the water.  Here's what I read:
(All images are from Goodreads.com)

1. A Dangerous Inheritance by Alison Weir

The Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins
2. Gregor the Overlander

3. Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane

4. Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods

5. Gregor and the Marks of Secret

6. Gregor and the Code of Claw

7. The Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Patterson

8. Allegiant by Veronica Roth

9. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
10. The Magician's Nephew

11. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

12. The Horse and His Boy

13. Prince Caspian

14. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

15. The Silver Chair

16. The Last Battle

17. Bossy Pants by Tina Fey

18. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (and Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling

19. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

20. Four: A Divergent Collection by Veronica Roth

21. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

22. Killing Kennedy by Bill O'Reilly

23. Food: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan

24. Son by Lois Lowry

25. The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare

26. The Maze Runner by James Daschner

27. Reshaping it All by Candace Cameron Bure


It also looks like I reviewed MOST of my books with you!  I think that when I read as series, I will continue to review the series as a whole like I did for The Chronicles of Narnia.  It was just easier that way, and it gives my thoughts on all of the books, unlike The Underland Chronicles.

This year, thanks to a free trial e-mail, and my friend (and fellow blogger) Kristin who always talks about audio books, I started to download and listen to books with Audible from Amazon.  This is a nice change for my commute to and from work.  I love music, but I'm just tired of everything on my iPod.  So I listened to Eat, Pray, Love, Killing Kennedy, and Food: A Love Story.  Coming up for 2015, I will be listening to Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly (currently listening to this), Yes Please by Amy Poehler, and the Serial podcasts.

My reading goal for 2015 is going to be 30 books!  I have a long list of books to get working on.  I have one more that I received for Christmas, and I have quite a few coming from my school's fall book fair.

Happy Reading in 2015!!


2 comments:

Kristin said...

Ah, you're welcome! Doesn't just improve the quality of your drive? I feel like it's not wasted time anymore.
I read 52 this year and instead of pushing myself (I spent a LOT of money on books last year), I'm attempting a new challenge, but I'm still going to recap books.

Sarah Alway said...

Goodness, you read a LOT of books last year, I'm impressed! And a little jealous. My goal this year is to read for myself, instead of just reading baby how-to books, LOL. Had you read the Chronicles of Narnia before? Those are my absolute favorite!

Post a Comment

 
Content Rebeckann's Random Thoughts | Design Poppiness Designs